The Architectural Designer I prepares creative designs or related drawings or details; uses designs to develop specifications or estimates of materials needed for a project. Applies engineering or architectural principles to the design of buildings/structures and their components or assemblies. Being an Architectural Designer I typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. May perform drafting duties requiring the use of CAD equipment or systems. In addition, Architectural Designer I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as an Architectural Designer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Architectural Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Architectural Designer to join our team.
- Field measure and document existing buildings;
- Assist clients with permitting;
- Assist clients with plan review;
- Coordinates building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent;
- Other duties as assigned;
- 3D model creation;
- Building code research;
- Maintain, organize, and archive projects;
- Conducts and manages construction observation reporting and developing punch lists;
- Utilizes BIM (Revit) in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components;
- Periodic travel to clients and sites should be anticipated;
- Presents the design to stakeholders during early project phases. Develops building design in accordance with cost parameters;
- Responsible for projects of medium complexity/size;
- Setting and meeting tight deliverable schedules to meet client’s deadlines;
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks.
- Previous experience on mid-to-large scale science & technology and/or education projects preferred;
- Proficiency with Revit is required;
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Bluebeam Studio and other graphics/design applications a plus;
- Experience modeling commercial building projects using BIM and Revit;
- Prepares project designs and plans using computer assisted design software and equipment;
- Licensed architect preferred;
- Strong english communication skills, outgoing personality, and personable;
- Performs research pertaining to project conformance related to codes, zoning, building standards, and industry practices;
- Revit experience a plus;
- Creates graphics for presentation and marketing purposes;
- Fluent in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office;
- Highly proficient with CAD, REVIT, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Medical and Dental plans;
- Leadership opportunities and a structured leadership path;
- Professional Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited university.