Architectural drafters draw structural features and details for buildings and other construction projects. These workers may specialize in a type of building, such as residential or commercial. They may also specialize by the materials used, such as steel, wood, or reinforced concrete.
Architectural Drafter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Architectural Drafter to join our team.
- Professionally create floor plans using Revit for commercial office buildings, retail and industrial buildings;
- Expertise in the areas of drafting / designing commercial office buildings, retail, industrial buildings;
- Expertly execute the creation of window elevations as they relate to the floor and structural plans.
- 6+ months experience working as a drafter;
- Associates Degree in architectural drafting or related degree;
- Ability to work independently AND to contribute to a team environment in a positive and effective way;
- Experience with built projects and working with contractors;
- 6+ months experience working with Autocad & Revit;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- 6+ months experience working with architectural construction documents;
- Software Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is mandatory;
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and attention to detail;
- Strong ability to complete detailed documentation with speed and accuracy on large –scale commercial, retail and industrial projects;
- Strong construction knowledge and excellent detailing skills;
- In-depth knowledge of Building Codes and Standards;
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and work independently;
- Proficient with AutoCAD Architecture drafting software, Version 2015 or later.