CAD Drafter I transforms initial rough product designs into working documents using computer aided design (CAD). Reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. Being a CAD Drafter I collaborates with design originators to resolve discrepancies between original drawings and final CAD designs. May require an associate degree. Additionally, CAD Drafter I typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The CAD Drafter I work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. To be a CAD Drafter I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
CAD Drafter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CAD Drafter to join our team.
- Prepare variations of design;
- Develop, draft and validate wall dimensions for production while confirming dimensional continuity for in store installation;
- Explain concepts and designs to Installation Manager;
- Develop wiring and layout diagrams used by workers who pre-build, erect, install electrical components to cabinetry and wall system;
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings (Auto CADD or Inventor 3D);
- Create and store drawings electronically while maintaining all previous iteration of store layouts;
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for manufacturing through installation;
- Create visual guidelines for manufacturing and construction purposes;
- Work with sales, production and installation to ensure all components are value engineered;
- Will be assigned s pecial projects and other duties;
- Draw in minute details of structures to ensure form it and finish of all customer furnished materials.
- Solution finder and problem solver;
- Proficient in CAD software;
- Go getter and task oriented;
- 3+ years of Drafting and Design experience (structural preferred);
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- 3D design experience with Revit, Autodesk, or Solidworks;
- Associates Degree in Drafting preferred;
- Precast or prestressed concrete experience (preferred).