Civil engineers design and manage construction projects, from bridges and buildings to transport links and sports stadiums.
Civil Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Civil Engineer to join our team.
- Client Service, Development, Management, and Growth;
- May assist in preparing statements of qualifications and proposals for potential clients;
- Interacting with client;
- Providing engineering site design services for primarily small commercial land development projects to include;
- Prepare roadway plans, detail drawings, project specifications, quantity take-offs, and cost estimates (PS&E);
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures;
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data;
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems;
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on ownprojects;
- Preparing Calculations, Reports, Drawings and Construction Specifications;
- Coordinate multiple project with all departments involved including structural, wastewater and MEP;
- Facilitate report and plan submittals for regulatory agency review and approval;
- Identifies discrepancies in results;
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer;
- Manages the planning and design and oversees the implementation of the City’s annual pavement marking, crack filling, and seal coat programs.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Experience with traffic engineering software;
- Experience with Microstation/GeoPAK and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Two or more years of experience with roads, bridges, public and commercial buildings, water control facilities, or utilities;
- Working with the team to set goals to meet business objectives;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with CAD, Civil3D and GIS capabilities a plus;
- Competence in AutoCAD drafting and Civil 3D;
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoTURN Microsoft Project and other engineering software applications;
- Ability to work seamlessly in a teamwork setting and to direct other engineering staff in an office of approximately 50 engineers and technicians;
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation design, and with other engineering software applications;
- BS Degree;
- Good knowledge of MicroStation and Inroads. Other engineering software experience is a plus;
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline;
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineering licensure in WI within four years of hiring.