Design Engineer III designs new products and makes improvements to existing products. May evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability and ensure project completion. Being a Design Engineer III works with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Additionally, Design Engineer III typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Design Engineer III typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Design Engineer III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Design Engineer III to join our team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams as well as business partners throughout the design process;
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions;
- Translate usability research findings into design improvements;
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders to review progress, and incorporate feedback appropriately;
- Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation/improvements based on research, analysis, and competitive reviews;
- Identify user needs and business requirements;
- Present design and defend work to stakeholders and senior leadership for review and feedback;
- During implementation you will respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers;
- Work with usability researchers to define test plans and iterate designs throughout user testing;
- Create visual design assets and document visual styling specification for development team;
- Maintain the z/OS PARMLIB libraries as they relate to the Operating System requirements;
- Perform ServerPac installations of the z/OS Operating System as soon as new versions become available from IBM;
- Perform hardware configuration using HCD for IBM z/14 processors running z/OS and IBM z/14 processors running z/VM;
- Work with IBM and ISV vendors in problem documentation and resolution;
- Provide z/OS 2.3 and 2.4 operating system support for IBM z/14 processors running CICS TS 5.5 and DB2 V11/V12.
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for the Web, mobile, and touch devices;
- Experience with touch based UI & UX design;
- Experience building advanced wireframes and prototypes for both web and mobile;
- Understanding of accessibility and how it impacts UX;
- Experience designing for multiple devices;
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to work independently or in a team, and with or without direction is imperative;
- Strong ability to present and defend your design decisions, and respond quickly to business needs;
- Knowledge of mobile UI guidelines and patterns for iOS and Android;
- Experience designing for E-Commerce or transaction based sites and applications;
- Highly organized and methodical with excellent time management skills, strong business ethics, and political awareness;
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision;
- Experience with large cross-functional teams;
- Leading, coaching and developing talented teams of designers;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.