The Entry Level Civil Engineer responsibilities also include estimating costs and personnel and material needs, preparing proposals and establishing completion dates. Designs and supervises construction projects such as airports, bridges, channels, dams, railroads, and roads. Being an Entry Level Civil Engineer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. May require a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Working as an Entry Level Civil Engineer typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Entry Level Civil Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Entry Level Civil Engineer to join our team.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an;
- Builds analytic and design skills;
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids;
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives;
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member;
- Grading plans, including retaining wall design and determining cut/fill volumes;
- Flexible and rigid pavements design;
- General office administration, including report reproduction, collation and deliveries;
- Site circulation (AutoTurn);
- Site development/planning;
- Client meetings to review design review comments;
- Site utilities (domestic water, fire water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, natural gas);
- Site visits with surveying team to document existing conditions;
- Project coordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to drive and possess valid driver license;
- Strong technical writing skills, including strong use of appropriate English grammar;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Physically able to participate in field activities, i. e. site visits and taking field measurements;
- Technically competent in using engineering software like AutoCAD and Primavera Scheduling;
- B. S. in Civil Engineering.