The Junior Civil Engineer responsibilities also include estimating costs and personnel and material needs, preparing proposals and establishing completion dates. Designs and supervises construction projects such as airports, bridges, channels, dams, railroads, and roads. Being a Junior Civil Engineer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. May require a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Working as a Junior Civil Engineer typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Junior Civil Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Civil Engineer to join our team.
- Have a working knowledge of engineering practices, principles, and awareness of applicable regulations and codes as related to land development;
- Ability to review municipal ordinances to perform zoning analyses and prepare written summaries;
- Demonstrate the willingness to expand his/her knowledge base via in-house training and/or self-training;
- Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while being flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment;
- Prepare cost estimates based on design drawings;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to outside parties such as clients and municipalities.
- 0-3 years engineering work experience;
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and critical thinking abilities;
- EIT certification is preferred but not required;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering is required;
- Possess a California Professional Engineer License or and EIT working towards their PE;
- Requires 2 years directly related experience;
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.