Lead Manufacturing Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Manufacturing Technician to join our team.
- Oversees and executes floor operations to ensure safety, aseptic operations and compliance with cGMPs are maintained at all times;
- Provide support to integrate best practices, where appropriate, into manufacturing;
- Ensures efficient use of material and equipment and assigns personnel as appropriate in the execution of day to day operations.
- Ability to lift, pull or push equipment requiring up to 25-50 lbs of force;
- Ability to gown and gain entry to biotechnology/pharmaceutical manufacturing areas;
- Self motivated individual with the ability to complete and manage multiple floor activities in an effective and compliant manner;
- Ability to climb ladders and work platforms;
- Demonstrates appropriate level of adaptability, maintains positive outlook, and demonstrates composure under pressure;
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses/goggles, gloves and safety shoes;
- Biotech Certificate and prior leadership experience preferred;
- Standardization and measurements utilizing bench top equipment;
- Process automation;
- Expected to act on behalf of the supervisor while on the floor;
- Cell culture inoculation and scale up processes;
- Use of bioreactors and centrifuges in the growth of cell cultures;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- In the absence of the supervisor they are the person of authority;
- Ability to work around chemicals (alcohols, acids & bases).