Manufacturing Engineer II plans and designs manufacturing processes for a production facility. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Being a Manufacturing Engineer II determines the parts, equipment, and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications. Requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Additionally, Manufacturing Engineer II typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Manufacturing Engineer II gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Manufacturing Engineer II typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Manufacturing Engineer II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer II to join our team.
- Continuously improve quality and productivity using the Ace Operating System for products and processes including compliance to these processes;
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions;
- New Manufacturing Technology Development;
- Capital Project Management;
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors;
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes and equipment;
- Production support and process validation;
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements;
- Resolve and facilitate resolution of problems, identify root causes to prevent re-occurrence;
- Utilize the process improvement tools like SPC, DOE, Gage R&R, , etc;
- Write protocols and reports;
- Generate and modify manufacturing process documentation;
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management;
- Understand and utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages to analyze data using basic statistics;
- Evaluation of production equipment.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Advanced degree preferred;
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma knowledge;
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- TRAVEL Yes, 5 % of the Time;
- 3D CAD experience required (SolidWorks preferred);
- Strong attention to detail and ability to provide accurate, timely work;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously;
- Excellent problem solving, technical, written and oral communication and customer service skills;
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control and Overall Equipment Effectiveness;
- Team player and active participant in project teams;
- MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE Not Applicable;
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience with Solidworks, Minitab, and CAD systems.