Manufacturing Technician III operates production equipment; responsible for manufacturing and assembly of clinical and commercial products. Follows blueprints, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Being a Manufacturing Technician III maintains required records of production and reports any inconsistencies or equipment issues following standard procedures. Troubleshoots problems and makes necessary adjustments to equipment set ups. Additionally, Manufacturing Technician III may conduct testing of production output. May train and mentor new technicians. Typically requires an associate degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Manufacturing Technician III has gained full proficiency in a broad range of activities related to the job. Independently performs a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors. To be a Manufacturing Technician III typically requires 5-7 years of related experience.
Manufacturing Technician III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Technician III to join our team.
- Train peers and less experienced operators;
- Demonstrates general knowledge of aseptic techniques;
- Weigh and measure raw materials and operate basic Benchtop instruments;
- Honesty, integrity, respect and courtesy with leadership and peers;
- Ability to perform dissolution, formulation and sterile filtration of products;
- Maintain compliance, cleanliness and orderliness of operational areas;
- Clean (manually and clean-in-place) and assembles equipment for production;
- Operate vial capper, unloads product from lyophilizers and liquid fill line;
- Demonstrate general understanding of sanitization and sterilization practices (build, clean and sterilize equipment to support production operations;
- Maintain and adhere to safe work habits and all applicable LSNE safety procedures and guidelines;
- Review and revise pertinent SOPs and production batch records as required;
- Complete and maintain documentation related to assigned work, including logbooks, batch records etc;
- Must have ability to work as self-starter and handle multiple priorities in a dynamic cross-functional team based environment;
- Operates processing equipment including autoclaves, ovens, vial washers, and depyrogenation, centrifuges, mills equipment;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of GMPs.
- Manufacturing background;
- Medical device industry experience;
- Ability to stand for prolong periods in a production suite;
- Ability to work a 10-hour shift and one weekend day, including holidays as scheduled;
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses/goggles, gloves and safety shoes;
- Strong knowledge of aseptic techniques preferred;
- Ability to lift, pull or push equipment requiring up to 25-50 lbs of force;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong ability to plan and prioritize complex activities;
- Experience in reviewing and creating controlled documents;
- Strong analytical skills to identify risks and prepare balanced decisions;
- Attention to detail with strong mechanical aptitude;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude;
- Ability to gown and gain entry to controlled manufacturing areas.