Mold Maintenance Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mold Maintenance Technician to join our team.
- Regular PM of electrical controls, process instrumentation, PLC programming and troubleshooting;
- Perform daily shop inspections and preventive maintenance;
- Exposure to metal fabrication, welding (Stick, MIG and TIG) and advanced pipe fitting; and;
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner;
- Comply with safety rules and company policies;
- Set-Up and get molds ready for each mold change;
- Maintain thermoplastic molds to ensure consistent quality, output and yield;
- Complete daily mold change sheets and other required paperwork;
- Complete/participate in any and all PPS activities as directed by Supervisors;
- Communicate effectively with production team members, Team Leaders engineers, and inspectors to ensure quality installation of molds;
- Troubleshoot issues with the molds;
- Perform preventive maintenance on injection mold tooling;
- Mold Maintenance Technicians must be mechanically inclined and are responsible for maintaining and checking all molds;
- Trouble shoot any problems involved with mold changes;
- Training or experience in air, steam, and water systems.
- Read, write, and speak English;
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds;
- Demonstrate and apply the knowledge and skills to safely, effectively and efficiently disassemble, clean, troubleshoot, and assemble injection molds;
- Minimum of 1 year of mold maintenance or set up experience in a plastic injection molding facility;
- Knowledge in one or more of the following fields: Electronics, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Mechanical.