Plant Project Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Plant Project Engineer to join our team.
- Optimization of equipment to provide desired balance of cost, throughput, and variability;
- Provides overall project management of engineering projects within assigned departments ensuring on-time completion within budget;
- Maintains engineering drawings and documentation of all equipment and manufacturing processes;
- Provides engineering support, advice and counsel to Maintenance, Production and R&D personnel to maintain equipment and facility operations;
- Conducts research of new equipment and manufacturing processes to maintain and improve the company’s competitive position;
- Assists in managing maintenance activities associated with projects;
- Independently handles major projects of a high profile, complex nature that may involve groups outside of the total organization.
- Previous experience working in a heavy industrial environment;
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, (preferably Mechanical Engineering);
- Ability to maintain effective communications with all levels of facility management and personnel, as well as external vendors and subcontractors;
- PLC troubleshooting experience;
- Knowledge of design software, AutoCAD, Excel, Word;
- A knowledge of PLCs and 3-D modeling experience is a plus, as is experience in metal forming;
- Demonstrated Project Management skills, work scope development, and a knowledge of AutoCAD;
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar field;
- Demonstrated experience in managing special projects with minimal guidance;
- Specific and demonstrated experience heavy industrial manufacturing experience;
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering environment as a Project / Mechanical Engineer;
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and facilities.