PLC Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PLC Technician to join our team.
- Responds to work orders and ride downtime calls in a timely manner;
- Inspect equipment and notify management and or Engineering of any hazards or defects;
- Communicate with the various Maintenance departments to maintain a productive and satisfying work environment;
- Conducts winterization and winter maintenance of computerized control systems and electrical equipment;
- Assist in installation, remodeling, retrofits and rehabilitates equipment and buildings as needed;
- Insure that manufacturer’s specifications, procedures, and State Regulations are complied with and documented;
- Possess the ability to work at heights above 200 feet or more above grade.
- Drug free at all times;
- Eagerness and willingness to learn;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation;
- Possess a High School diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start);
- Minimum 5+ years of applicable work experience;
- Wonderware programming and configuration experience;
- Possession of a two (2) year technical degree or equivalent in a mechanical, electrical, or electronics discipline;
- Experience supporting 3D Printing, Robotics, Lasers, Vision system, Magnemotion, and Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems;
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime, short notice coverage, working 1st shift (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m) and holidays as needed;
- Achieving (High) score on Maintenance Selection Test Battery;
- Experience with leading electrical controls/automation improvement projects.