Quality Engineering Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Quality Engineering Technician to join our team.
- In a timely manner, identify, report and seek corrections for calibration out of tolerance (OOT) incidents;
- Utilize skills, working with Quality Manager, engineering and tooling to aid in the identification of part CTQs to be used in Quality Control Plans;
- Assists with revising Operational Procedures and Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives;
- Responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity;
- Publish Metric Trending Plans for Calibration. Assist with Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) resolution;
- Completes Vertex, CMM programming and SPC template completion;
- Establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements;
- Responsible for actively participating in investigations: Non Conformance Report (NCR), Out of Tolerance, and Customer Complaints;
- Develop Quality related procedures and work instructions;
- In the absence of the QA Calibration Engineer, may participate in department and cross functional meetings as necessary;
- Aid in the creation of Part Quality Control Plans;
- Utilize AutoCAD Inventor and IFS to review drawings and add drawings to computerized system;
- Executes validation protocols, gage repetitivity and reproducibility (R&R) testing, data analysis and completes the required reports;
- Support Kaizen events as needed;
- Training delivery to other team members that will perform tasks related to the same area.
- High school diploma or GED required;
- ASQ Quality Technician Certification is highly desirable;
- Less than 5%
- Five years of relevant experience required.