The Senior Design Engineer may evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability and ensure project completion. Designs new products and makes improvements to existing products. Being a Senior Design Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Works with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner. In addition, Senior Design Engineer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Senior Design Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our team.
- Supports ABS/Lean Transformation as a Kaizen team participant and assist with the completion of post-Kaizen activity/assignments as appropriate;
- Translate customer needs into product specifications;
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Technical discipline by the date of hire;
- Works with cross-functional teams that launch products by taking market specifications from design to prototype to production;
- Apply specific technological expertise to specific projects i.e. Data Networking Solutions;
- Supervise prototyping and testing with some hands on support as needed;
- Measure the outcome of the computer aided design and drafting to reduce overall vehicle development timing;
- Parasitic modeling and assisting in design validation, reticle experiments and required tape-out revisions;
- Driving innovation into the future Memory generation with a dynamic work environment;
- Part design, creation and engineering;
- Working with Marketing, Probe, Assembly, Test, Process Integration, and Product Engineering groups to ensure proper manufacturability of a product;
- Will provide engineering support to plants;
- Perform various engineering designs, structural analysis, testing, simulations and modeling to meet different project requirements using CAD;
- Contributing to cross-group communication to work towards standardization and group success;
- Design tolerance stack-up and fitting story analysis.
- BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with 10+ years of experience;
- Knowledgeable in one or more industry standard interfaces such as AMBA AXI protocol;
- Experience in mapping SW algorithms to HW with low power techniques;
- Engineering or related experience: 7+ years;
- Knowledge of key design codes; e.g., AASHTO, AISC, ACI and etc;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- pump and air conditioning compressor technology;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Masters or PhD a plus;
- Additional competencies in geotechnical analyses and structural design a plus;
- Demonstrated proficiency using Plaxis, Shoring Suite and AutoCAD software;
- UL, CSA & European safety codes, standards, practices and rules to ensure safety of employees, public and equipment;
- Analyzes areas of concern, determines solutions and clearly communicates findings in writing;
- At least 5 years on the job experience;
- Ability to sketch is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related.