The Senior Hardware Engineer develops test strategies, devices, and systems. Provides analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products. Being a Senior Hardware Engineer may require a bachelor’s degree. Performs stress and performance tests on a variety of computer hardware including circuit boards, processors and wiring. In addition, Senior Hardware Engineer typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Working as a Senior Hardware Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Hardware Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team.
- Direct the effort with ODM/OEM partners to design and test hardware solutions;
- Work with industry partners and researchers to innovate and shape future technologies;
- Conduct failure analysis and root cause analysis of electrical and system bugs;
- Collaborate with manufacture engineering team and partners to ensure product quality;
- Responsible for electrical hardware development of next cutting edge cloud systems;
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure integration and functionality of system solutions;
- Collaborate with partners to ensure systems meet significant quality, reliability, and service level requirements for a cloud environment;
- Design and validate hardware prototypes;
- Scoping project effort and stay on schedule;
- Design power supply, digital circuitry with high speed, high-performance Xilinx FPGAs and latest DDR SDRAM and Flash memory technology;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Risk assessment and mitigation;
- Signal Integrity requirements and report evaluations;
- Layout constraints, guidance, and review;
- Leading and collaborating with a team of FPGA designers, Software engineers, and test development.
- Experience with Industry Safety Standards (UL);
- Fundamental knowledge of the following HW design principals: Signal Integrity, Power Design, Computer Architecture;
- Hands on experience in prototyping and validating proof of concept PCB design;
- Strong in understanding high speed signaling and signal integrity;
- Designing embedded hardware systems, using EDA/PCB design software (OrCad, KiCad, Altium);
- 5 years of relevant Printed Circuit Board design experience;
- Bus communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, PCIe, RS232/RS485);
- Fluency in Mentor Graphics Xpedition DxDesigner is required;
- Should have experience designing boards with FPGAs (Xilinx UltraScale / HBM / RFSoC);
- Experience: 7 years minimum;
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident;
- 4-5+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering;
- Knowledge of Regulatory, Compliance Requirements for electronics;
- Ability to design FPGA/CPLD logic in VHDL is a plus;
- Microcontrollers, preferably STM, TI, Freescale, NXP, and relevant software stacks as well as bare metal programming.