Senior Municipal Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Municipal Engineer to join our team.
- Prepare scope of work and costing documents for proposals;
- Provide project leadership and orchestrating team efforts to execute a prescribed scope of work on time and within budget;
- Assist team with Business Development activities with Support from Branch Manager and others;
- Assist in career paths for staff in the civil group with support from the Branch Manager;
- Remain a technical liaison for all civil work;
- Various traditional Project Management functions (project metrics) and lead client meetings;
- Build on the already established success and support the vision for the team and have team take ownership of the success;
- Provide technical collaboration to all projects within the group;
- Perform Independent Technical Review, on work performed by others, as a part of our Quality Control program;
- Know and understand various Agencies of Jurisdiction and associated rules and guidelines;
- Engage in team mentoring and development, with support from the Branch Manager.
- Exceptional public speaking skills;
- P.E. is required;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in municipal engineering;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, WaterCAD, SewerCAD and Excel software;
- Experience with municipal water and sewer systems, land development applications, recreation facilities, roads, bridges/culverts, highly preferred;
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills both over the phone, in person and via email with clients, consultants and internal teams;
- Attention to detail, strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills;
- Technically savvy; highly proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel programs and other productivity programs;
- General knowledge of building systems including plumbing/HVAC.