Senior Transmission Line Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Transmission Line Engineer to join our team.
- Design transmission lines from 69 kV to 765 kV;
- Work with vendors to identify potential materials, equipment and new design solutions to solve dynamic client requirements;
- Coordinate small design teams as needed in order to develop budgets, prepare scoping documents, design criteria, and project deliverables;
- Other duties as required;
- Utilize PLS-CADD to review and check transmission line models, conductor sags, plan and profile drawings, and verify right of way requirements.
- BS in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to pass ENERCON and client specific background checks and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings;
- 10+ years’ experience with transmission line design;
- Existing client relationships considered a plus;
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Solid knowledge of PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER, AutoCAD and foundation design software such as MFAD, L-Pile or similar;
- Solid knowledge of NESC, IEEE, ASCE 7 and AISC.