The 3D Animator uses various methods to communicate the organization’s efforts through an assortment of freehand artwork. Provides drawings or animations used in advertising, illustrating ideas and promotional efforts to amuse audiences or to meet other needs. Being a 3D Animator may require a bachelor’s degree. May prepare artwork for printing or mass production. In addition, 3D Animator typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a 3D Animator work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Working as a 3D Animator typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
3D Animator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a 3D Animator to join our team.
- Animate photo-realistic and stylized Characters and Creatures for VFX and full CG projects;
- Participate in supervised sessions and client calls when required;
- Mentor junior animators and lead projects when needed;
- Position requires sufficiency in Mocap recording and cleanup, 3D rotomation for FX, object tracking and matchmoving;
- Other miscellaneous duties as required from time-to-time by the Animation Supervisor or Animation Lead;
- Work closely with other departments on issues that affect the animation team, and vice versa;
- Knowledge in modeling, texturing and surfacing, choreography, lighting, match moving and final rendering of CG elements;
- Work with animation software (Maya) for visual effects intensive projects;
- Investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology.
- Proactive, with the ability to lead a creative vision;
- Excellent artistic skill set with a full understanding of animation and composition;
- Demonstrate and understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process;
- General knowledge of Photoshop and Nuke/After Effects;
- Ability to work overtime/weekends when a project calls for it;
- Work well under pressure of deadlines;
- An understanding of animation rigging/set-up and 3D character animation;
- Strong understanding of scene layout to match plates;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- 3-4 years of 3D Animation experience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Previous experience animating for TV or Film strongly preferred;
- Must be comfortable working in Maya, potentially Blender too.