Designer I applies engineering or architectural principles to the design of buildings/structures and their components or assemblies. Prepares creative designs or related drawings or details; uses designs to develop specifications or estimates of materials needed for a project. Being a Designer I may perform drafting duties requiring the use of CAD equipment or systems. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. Additionally, Designer I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Designer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Designer to join our team.
- Set Service Delivery Project Managers expectations for order fulfillment activities related to circuit design functions;
- Assist in writing product specifications in association with product manager;
- Produce multiple design concepts at a wireframe level;
- Perform and update records in Black & McDonald systems;
- Responsible for quality assurance of all customer, internal and service related orders required for installation;
- Collaborate with editorial team throughout the entire bookmaking process – from concept to production;
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks;
- Coordinates building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent;
- Assists in material and furniture selections, space planning and communication with product representatives;
- Have a keen eye for excellence and quality control in visual communications;
- Assist in Photo Shoots;
- Work with vendors and outside specialty resources;
- Work with vendors and artists to keep projects running smoothly and on time;
- Manage time effectively, across multiple requests, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines;
- Source fabric + trims.
- Self-motivated and with a strong work ethic and personally driven to consistently meet project design and performance goals;
- Hands on experience of concepting and visualizing experiences through storyboarding, scenarios, flows, and prototypes at all levels of fidelity;
- Experience designing and running user research sessions;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects;
- Flexibility to work from home;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Multi-task several priorities at once;
- Strong visual communication style;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Experience in structural/seismic engineering analysis and design of buildings is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator);
- 2+ years of experience in design/UI/UX related role;
- Ensure all digital deliverables meet high quality standards;
- BFA or Associate’s degree in design related field or equivalent experience;
- Understanding of game design and technical implementation.