Lead UI/UX Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead UI/UX Designer to join our team.
- Create wireframes, storyboards and sketches to deliver beautiful and intuitive products;
- Define product workflows, interactions and UI specifications in close collaboration with product managers and the engineering team;
- Perform user studies to understand the impact of design and constantly innovate to improve user experience;
- Leadership of UI/UX team, including hiring and mentoring;
- Develop personas and usage scenarios and conduct usability testing.
- Enthusiasm for working in a demanding, startup environment;
- Superb communication and collaboration skills;
- Passion for extraordinary design;
- 3+ years of user design or equivalent practical experience at a consumer-focused software company;
- Dedication to exceptional user experiences with obsessive attention to detail;
- Experience with prototyping with UX design tools required;
- Ability to apply design principles across web, mobile and native platforms;
- Experience with building a team of UI/UX designers and leading them through complex projects a plus;
- CSS, HTML, and Java Script not required, but would be a plus;
- 3+ years of proven UI/UX design and interactive work experience;
- High proficiency in popular design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision Studio, Figma, Photoshop and After Effects;
- Excellent project management and communication skills to ensure deadlines are a must;
- Must be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems;
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems, learn new things and wear many hats as part of an early stage company;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.