Lead VFX Artist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead VFX Artist to join our team.
- Optimize effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining high quality standards;
- Work closely with artists, animators, designers, and engineers to produce a cohesive game experience;
- Work with the Director and Leads to understand the big picture goals of the project and create industry leading FX across the game;
- Develop and drive FX pipeline and partner with external vendors.
- Deep understanding of modern-day real-time FX systems, engines and technology;
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma, an emphasis in Art preferred;
- 6+ years of experience producing FX in real-time game engines;
- Experience managing a team of artists/FX Artists;
- Solid understanding of physics, motion and animation, including weighting, scale and timing;
- Exceptional portfolio of FX artwork, including significant real-time work;
- Strong knowledge of real-time particle systems, compositing and rendering techniques;
- Game scripting experience is a plus;
- 1+ years’ experience in leadership and/or people management, including building VFX pipeline;
- 1 or more shipped game titles, preferably as Lead FX Artist;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Photoshop, Maya, Houdini;
- Experience and understanding of managing FX performance & memory budgets in real-time engines;
- Houdini experience is a plus.