Motion Graphic Designer provides drawings or animations used in advertising, illustrating ideas and promotional efforts to amuse audiences or to meet other needs. Uses various methods to communicate the organization’s efforts through an assortment of freehand artwork. Being a Motion Graphic Designer may prepare artwork for printing or mass production. May require a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Motion Graphic Designer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Motion Graphic Designer work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. To be a Motion Graphic Designer typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Motion Graphic Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Motion Graphic Designer to join our team.
- Conception and execution of motion graphics animation-based projects;
- Animation of design assets;
- UI/Web design animation mock ups;
- Creation of motion graphics assets for video such as title cards, lower thirds, and end cards;
- Knowledge of various social media platforms and how to use video to engage with different audiences;
- Provide creative vision to the editing process, bringing your own style to create beautifully composed work;
- Develop creative, strategic ideas that solve specific marketing challenges;
- Organize and maintain video files, including following best practices for version control, naming conventions, and organization of graphic files;
- Take an initial concept to the next level with motion graphics and animations, including 2D and 3D animations;
- History of telling compelling stories through unique creative assets and visual interactions;
- Maintain and troubleshoot video equipment;
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, in addition to video editing software;
- Assist in live event and studio production, including setting a stage, lighting a set, and shooting footage w/video or still camera;
- Work in close collaboration with stakeholders, designers, marketing managers and throughout all phases of project development.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience with Cinema 4D;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; able to follow direction;
- An online portfolio or demo reel;
- Basic videography/production skills;
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop;
- Bachelor of Arts – in Art Direction, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics or equivalent field. experience;
- Ability to work on multiple projects and brands simultaneously;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Accuracy/attention to detail;
- Understanding of broadcast and digital distribution best practices including technical aspects of production;
- Comfortable working under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, and Photoshop and in at least one 3D motion design tool such as Cinema 4D or similar;
- A strong demo reel;
- 4+ years experience with motion graphics film/video production house, agency or in-house environment.