Principal Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Designer to join our team.
- Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability;
- Support vendors as needed during fabrication;
- Managing projects and coordinate all procurements and fabrication to meet the program cost and schedule requirements;
- Work closely with Tool Engineers to create final drawings;
- Interface with review team to assure customer satisfaction with design;
- Inspect tool configuration for drawing compliance, including fit, form and function;
- Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs;
- Work alongside the manufacturing team to ensure overall program quality, delivery, and cost objectives are achieved;
- Support Operations and Process Engineering in the use of all tooling;
- Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements;
- Inspect fabricated support hardware to assure compliance to design;
- Understand/monitor cost and schedule;
- Support continuous improvement;
- S upport continuous improvement.
- 2+ years experience in a design orientated role (web designer, app designer, ux designer, digital designer, or similar).