Housekeeping Aide Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Housekeeping Aide to join our team.
- Collect regulated and non-regulated medical waste from work assignment areas and deposit in designated pickup areas;
- Dust, damp wipe, and polish furniture, telephone, TV sets, etc;
- Sweeping and mopping floors;
- Clean sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, mirrors, wall & floor vents, and wall mounted light fixtures;
- Any other related duties as assigned;
- Scrub, strip and apply finishing products (wax) to floors using floor scrubbing machine and low speed floor machines;
- Spray, buff floors with low and high speed floor machines;
- Able to lift 0 – 40lbs frequently;
- Must be able to handle/interact with all chemicals used (i.e. bleach, wax, disinfectant, etc.);
- Able to clean using repetitive motions, reach above shoulders, stoop and bend at the knees;
- Capable of pushing and pulling a maid cart, linen cart, or various equipment (over 100lbs) on tile and carpeted floors continuously throughout a shift;
- Must have communication skills in English (reading, writing, and speaking);
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and even hours as needed per assigned area;
- Requires ability to work independently;
- Cultural Factors.
- Experience in institutional housekeeping or maintenance is helpful;
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is preferred;
- Experience in the use of floor-care equipment is helpful.