Housekeepers organise hotel staff to make sure that all the rooms are kept clean and tidy.
Housekeeping Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Housekeeping Manager to join our team.
- Inventory supplies and place orders in a timely manner;
- Effectively communicate with all staff on board;
- Strong Leader of people;
- Some work in office;
- Work to continuously improve GSS scores;
- Recruit, interview and train team members;
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests;
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness;
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job;
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards;
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks;
- Plans, organizes, and evaluates the work of assigned staff, while completing assigned duties;
- Inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure the quality and completeness of work performed;
- Inspect and maintain all public areas and guest rooms several times daily;
- Ensure cleaning checklists and schedules are administered and completed by team members accordingly.
- Must have past hotel experience;
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel;
- Willingness to work long days, every day, for extended periods of time;
- High school diploma is a plus;
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job;
- Previous housekeeping experience within a hotel;
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed;
- The skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service;
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshot when needed;
- Refined verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Willingness to work overtime, later shifts, and weekends;
- High level of flexibility, ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with customers;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.