Caretakers look after buildings like schools, community centres and flats, keeping them secure, clean and well-maintained.
Janitor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Janitor to join our team.
- Other duties as assigned;
- Operates wet/dry vacuum for cleaning and shampooing carpeted areas;
- Stock and maintain supply rooms;
- Wipe down walls and railings;
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans;
- Maintains appliances and plumbing;
- Blows leaves from parkways;
- Reports maintenance problems or any noticeable damage or needed repairs to Manager or maintenance personnel;
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures;
- Complete occasional errands near office including but not limited to trips to the post office, grocery, etc;
- Provides general administrative and clerical assistance;
- Supervise employees at multiple customer accounts;
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed;
- Maintains appropriate hygiene and uniform;
- Clean common areas.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery as needed;
- Ability to manage time efficiently and produce quality work within pre-set time frames;
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors and co-workers;
- Must maintain a neat appearance. A uniform is required at some worksites;
- Must be punctual;
- Must attend periodic training and safety meetings;
- 3 months prior janitorial work duties;
- Assertive and resourceful; motivated; willing to ask questions and take initiative without direction;
- HS Diploma or equivalent;
- Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures;
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing work environment;
- Minimum 18 years of age/19 in Idaho and 19 in Alaska if selling tobacco;
- 1-2 years prior facilities/ Janitorial related experience;
- Ability to pass drug test.