Accountant II maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Being an Accountant II prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Additionally, Accountant II requires a bachelor’s degree. May require eligibility to sit for CPA exam. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Accountant II gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be an Accountant II typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Accountant II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accountant II to join our team.
- Prepare journal entries;
- Complete reconciliations of balance sheet accounts;
- Process cash disbursements;
- Prepare financial reports and analysis of data;
- Read and understand real estate development documents and apply knowledge to accounting transactions, records, and financial reporting;
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of accounting principles and impacts to the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts;
- Maintain a strong understanding of ERP software and GCO processes to support straight through process changes as needed;
- Perform duties as assigned ;
- Manage quality of daily processing and demonstrate an ability to support level 1 team members with guidance on processing challenging items;
- Work with project staff to prepare, enter, and manage project budgets;
- Complete non-standard processing, with ability to learn and adapt to new situations;
- Assist Global Cash operations team where needed in daily processing to ensure tasks are completed by the end of the day;
- Manage exception items and requests from the business ensuring proper controls and documentation;
- Prepare year-end reports and schedules, assist in year-end close, and ensure compliance with all regulations and accounting principles;
- Entering journal entries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- 1-3 year’s experience in general accounting;
- Strong MS Excel skills;
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, and personal growth;
- Significant knowledge of Accounts Receivables processes, including International processes;
- 3-7 years of progressive work experience;
- Generally accepted accounting principles;
- Working knowledge of accounting/financial theory and practice;
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables;
- Coordinate accounting matters and reporting with other departments, locations, divisions and external customers;
- Assist with Annual Statement, Schedule F preparation;
- Monthly entry into Universal Reinsurance System (URS);
- Calculation and timely payment of reinsurance premium, collection of reinsurance losses;
- Accuracy/attention to detail;
- Responsible for the maintenance of complete and accurate general and subsidiary ledgers for the accounts or department(s) assigned.