Application Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application Scientist to join our team.
- Maintain high-content imaging systems in the demo lab in a reliable state of “readiness for use” including basic database maintenance;
- Attend and represent company at trade shows and scientific conferences;
- Assist in the execution of launch and marketing plans;
- Work with outbound marketing to continuously showcase capabilities of imaging products.
- Superb command of written English as evidenced through creation of original content (publications, posters, articles, etc.);
- Previous experience with hollow fiber membranes, determining critical flux, shear and TMP measurements;
- 2 – 3 years of experience with fluorescent microscopy instrumentation and analysis software;
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills;
- Additional experience with gene therapy applications and viral vaccines would be a plus;
- The ability to prioritize activities to meet commitments;
- Attention to detail, high standards, and assumption of accountability adopted at all times;
- Bachelors degree in Life Science, Biology or related subject. Master’s degree and higher preferred;
- Proficient in performing cell-based assays in 96 well microplates;
- Hands-on experience in cell culture;
- The ability to operate in an independent environment, while still being a “team player”;
- Must be willing to travel overnight up to 10% time;
- Experience with continuous bioprocessing desirable but not necessary.