The Associate Portfolio Manager reviews the customer’s goals and develops investment strategies that will attain and support those objectives with acceptable risk. Responsible for managing, evaluating, and monitoring investment portfolios comprise of bonds, securities, and equity funds in a banking environment. Being an Associate Portfolio Manager monitors daily investment activities to be aware of market changes. Considers legal and tax impact of investment decisions. In addition, Associate Portfolio Manager requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. Requires Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1. Being an Associate Portfolio Manager works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as an Associate Portfolio Manager typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Associate Portfolio Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Associate Portfolio Manager to join our team.
- Review of rent rolls and provide analysis to the Portfolio Supervisor;
- Other duties as assigned by assisting the property manager;
- Daily cash management and related accounting functions;
- Review of payables and approval of invoices further signature / authorization;
- Generate after-tax return data for both portfolios and benchmarks;
- Respond to client requests for analysis;
- Monitor index changes and corporate actions;
- Interact across teams including Technology, Research, Marketing, Client Service, Operations;
- Construct custom benchmark data;
- Rebalance and transition portfolios to maximize tax-efficiency;
- Performance attribution;
- Participate in process improvement and technology development efforts;
- Construct optimized equity index portfolios for separate accounts.
- Significant progress towards a CFA, MBA and/or another credential relevant to investment management or finance strongly preferred;
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills;
- Familiarity with academic financial theory and applications;
- Analytical writing ability;
- Bachelor’s (4yr) degree w/ concentration in finance, accounting, engineering or related quantitative focus;
- Preferred 4+ years professional experience in investment management or similar;
- Working knowledge of equity risk models and portfolio optimizer;
- Programming skills a plus, including R, Python, etc;
- Working knowledge of equity risk models and portfolio optimization preferred.