Internal and external auditors check organisations’ financial records and procedures to make sure they are accurate and efficient.
Auditor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Auditor to join our team.
- Identify gaps and improvement opportunities in processes and controls and provide constructive and practical recommendations;
- Write clear, concise and constructive findings based on facts, severity and potential impact;
- Participates in the preparation of finding outlines and completes assigned areas of audit reports;
- Work closely with the Internal Audit and Compliance teams to build strong relationships with the business management during the engagements;
- Conduct interviews with client personnel and perform walk-throughs to evaluate controls;
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required;
- Follow established audit methodology and practice guides;
- Performs internal investigations;
- Strong understanding of Single Audit Act Standards, Yellow Book, and Governmental Auditing Standards required;
- Provides external auditors and management with written reports and/or oral presentations;
- Travel up to 50% of the time;
- Presents findings and recommendations to Internal Audit Management;
- Comply with the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Assembles audit findings with assistance from the auditor in charge;
- CPA license required.
- Works effectively in team settings;
- Shows appreciation for others’ help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks;
- Proactively clarifies one’s tasks and responsibilities;
- At least 0-1 years audit or relevant experience;
- Knows who the organization’s key customers and competitors are;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Knowledge of ICD 10 coding, disease processes, Medicare reimbursements and guidelines, and clinical knowledge;
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills;
- Maintains the ability to be flexible, and prioritizes daily responsibilities;
- Minimum of 5 years recent, broad based clinical experience in an inpatient setting;
- Demonstrates the ability to operate applicable office equipment;
- Background in financial services, particularly in securities clearance and settlement, corporate actions, and/or securities processing;
- Demonstrates creativity and enthusiasm while pursuing the goals of the department and the organization;
- Ability to work with all nursing and physician specialties in clinical documentation improvement initiatives;
- Background particularly in market, credit, liquidity, quantitative risk management, risk modelling.