Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of an assigned unit or clinic section within a hospital. Schedules employee shifts and ensures admitting and discharge functions are providing for optimal patient flow. Being a Clinical Administrative Coordinator ensures that hospital resources are being used in the most efficient manner. Assigns patients to appropriate health practitioners. Additionally, Clinical Administrative Coordinator may perform other administrative functions as necessary. May require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Clinical Administrative Coordinator typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Clinical Administrative Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Clinical Administrative Coordinator to join our team.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with provider offices;
- Maintain records, reports and statistics;
- Work as a liaison between the health department, school based health center or providers office to ensure member receive appropriate care;
- Document all outcomes;
- Educate member and practices on the member incentives offered for targeted services;
- Obtain information from providers on critical measure requests for year-round initiative and medical record review;
- Completes special projects as assigned;
- Provider added values to Practices through onsite appointment scheduling;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers;
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents/triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review;
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles;
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers;
- Manage administrative intake of members.
- 2+ years experience analyzing and solving customer problems;
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher);
- Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid Services;
- 1+ years of experience working with medical terminology;
- 2+ years of clerical or administrative support background or experience working in a call center environment;
- Ability to work 8:30 – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday;
- 2+ years of experience working in the health care industry;
- Experience working with health care insurance;
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance;
- Experience working in a hospital, physician’s office or medical clinic setting;
- Experience with MS Word, Excel (create, edit, save documents) and Outlook (email and calendar management);
- HS Diploma or GED (or higher);
- A clerical or administrative support background;
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes;
- Experience working in a call center.