Contracts Administrator I assists in the preparation of contractual provisions and the administration of contract proposals. Helps senior contracts administrator to prepare bids and negotiate specifications with suppliers, partners or customers. Being a Contracts Administrator I examines and reviews materials of bids or contracts. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Contracts Administrator I typically reports to a manager. The Contracts Administrator I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Contracts Administrator I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Contract Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Contract Administrator to join our team.
- Develop proposal packages, in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures;
- Maintain appropriate contractual, program records and other documents;
- Audit active work orders and ensure all have been billed per the agreement;
- Answer calls and attend meetings;
- Organize large volumes of information;
- Organizing and maintaining all contract data;
- Enters specific agreements into Prospect’s Review and Approval System as requested;
- Special projects as assigned;
- Maintains supplier database and purchase order files including modifications, policies, procedures, tax records, certificates of insurance etc;
- Obtains internal signatures (per authorized signatories) and assist with counterparty/vendor signature (if needed) in a timely manner;
- Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP) for subcontracts;
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status;
- Assist with Punch List issuance;
- Interface and coordinate with contractor/subcontractor, intercompany, interdepartmental, and internal department personnel;
- Create language standards for existing and new contracts.
- Pre-employment background check and subject interview completion;
- Other skills necessary for the successful operations of the Instar Group, LLC;
- Ability to work with all levels of management internally and externally;
- Notary Public Certification preferred;
- Ability to apply critical and strategic thinking;
- Proficiency in software programs such as: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Contracts Management;
- Ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations;
- Keen attention to detail while proactively using analysis to respond to requests and resolve issues;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and proven skills is in other Microsoft applications (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Office 365);
- Capable of working independently under minimum direction;
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR);
- Two plus years of previous experience in construction property management;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize as needed.