Director of Development, Major Gifts Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Development, Major Gifts to join our team.
- Execute annual plans and participate in forecasting and analysis of giving trends to anticipate future revenues;
- Oversee moves management and prospect research;
- Coordinate fundraising for special events, including the annual gala;
- Responsible for annual budgeting and monthly forecasting;
- Participate in Board Development Committee meetings;
- Maintain a broad and deep knowledge of current best practices, rules, policies, guidelines, and procedures related to fund development activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to independently implement fundraising strategies;
- Demonstrable record of effective skills in working with lay leadership to advance the mission of a fundraising organization;
- Proven ability to interact with and influence philanthropic leaders;
- Familiarity with planned giving strategies and tools;
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing stewardship plans;
- Experience in motivating high-profile volunteer leadership and senior executives;
- 10+ Years of fundraising experience including major gifts and grants;
- Demonstrated achievements in securing philanthropic investments and proven success personally soliciting gifts;
- Rigorous knowledge and application of fundraising and stewardship practices;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Broad and deep knowledge of and relationships within Central Texas, state-wide and national funders;
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising;
- Skilled with Salesforce NPSP database management.