The Director of Procurement reviews vendor quality and maintains price controls and inventory flows to identify and implement efficient purchasing programs. Develops and directs objectives, policies, and processes regarding all purchasing function. Being a Director of Procurement typically reports to top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Director of Procurement manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Director of Procurement typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Procurement Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Procurement to join our team.
- Discover and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers;
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers;
- Develop effective negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals;
- Assess staff competencies; Develop and retain high performing staff;
- Act as a leader for the finance organization in Nashville as Eventbrite hires other functions in that location;
- Development of KPIs for strategic sourcing with cyclical delivery which drives continuous improvement;
- Take ownership of training program to empower internal customer base;
- Managing and cultivating new and existing relationships with a large portfolio of supply vendors, and international manufacturers;
- Recruit and nurture additional purchasing talent;
- Manage workflow from initiation to completion;
- Formulate, manage, and execute cost savings and innovation proposals;
- Develop and implement forward thinking procurement strategies to both optimize spending and minimize risk and generate savings;
- Creation of effective preferred supplier program and instillation of organizational discipline on onboarding new vendors;
- Integrate the procurement functions for acquired companies, and rapidly leveraging the added volume;
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost-effective purchasing process for the business.
- Experience developing and leading high-performing teams;
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment;
- APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred;
- Experience with Technology sourcing preferred;
- Experience with State procurement policy and procedures;
- Strategic Thinker: Thought leader;
- Enthusiasm for engaging with diverse environment and cultures, relationship building and international travel;
- Master’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance, or related field;
- Creative Thinker: Values innovation. Effectively blends creative competence with excellence;
- Experience in higher education;
- Drives Organizational Capability;
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, agricultural economics, supply chain or related field. (Master’s highly preferred);
- Strong Business Results Orientation: Ability to align Procurement agenda with broader business parameters. Excellent business intuition;
- Working knowledge of ERP applications;
- Strong interpersonal skills.