Event planners arrange the details of a variety of events. Wedding planners are the most well known, but event planners also coordinate celebrations such as anniversaries, reunions, and other large social events, as well as corporate events, including product launches, galas, and award ceremonies. Nonprofit event planners plan large events with the goal of raising donations for a charity or advocacy organization. Events may include banquets, charity races, and food drives.
Event Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Event Planner to join our team.
- Plan and execute the logistics for internal meetings and customer facing events;
- Participates in weekly staff information meeting that addresses current and upcoming events and activities;
- Perform other assignments as requested by manager;
- Manage the inventory of all event supplies;
- Communicate proposals, agendas, and budgets to internal clients for review and approval;
- Prepare name tents and Certificates of Completion;
- Assist with event ordering: Catering, Audio Visual, and Facilities requests;
- Ability to manage events with responsibility for end to end delivery and execution with (at times) little to no supervision;
- Create working relationships and negotiate contracts with vendors and venues;
- Define and maintain a master schedule of events for Honor Society;
- Manage to a budget while planning event specifications;
- Plan a variety of memorable member and organizational events for Honor Society, both locally and nationwide;
- Coordinates with the clients to ensure that such strategies are aligned with the clients needs and goals;
- Issue invoices and collect payments in a timely manner;
- Strong knowledge of different types of events, venues and vendor offerings.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches;
- Demonstrated negotiation skills in the meeting/hospitality industry;
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 30%), including weekends; flexible approach to working hours;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to clearly establish objectives and delegate effectively;
- Ability to recognize and suggest process improvements;
- Ability to provide oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position;
- Self-Starter in a task-driven environment;
- 1-2 years of experience in event planning;
- Highly organized and effective at planning;
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates;
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships;
- Team player and ability to work in different roles with multiple teams;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Must have understanding of the key indicators of a successful event and the implications of actions and decisions on the success of an event.