Executive Underwriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Executive Underwriter to join our team.
- Participate in book profitability analyses and corresponding action plan development;
- Assist the management team with developing and refining Underwriting and Pricing Guidelines;
- Handle account referrals outside of individual underwriter authority;
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions to drive profitable growth and achieve business objectives;
- Assist the management team in the overall development and communication of underwriting appetite;
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends and conditions to guide our business and achieve objectives;
- Lead the Underwriting Audit/Quality Control (QC) process to drive underwriting quality including;
- Assist the management team with training, mentoring and coaching of new associates and less experienced team members;
- Lead research projects on trends impacting our business.
- Strong research skills and project management experience are required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Advanced knowledge of insurance principles, rates, rules, forms, procedures, regulations, coverages and business processes;
- Proven ability to mentor and train personnel;
- Minimum of 10 years of Property & Casualty insurance industry experience.