Field Service Coordinator coordinates, monitors and improves fields service activities for an organization. Provides support and guidance to service personnel who perform on-site routine services including installation, maintenance, and repair. Being a Field Service Coordinator ensures field services are effective and customers requirements are met. May require an associate degree. Additionally, Field Service Coordinator typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Field Service Coordinator is capable of working on complex problems and exceptions without direct supervision. Has a wide and comprehensive understanding of both general and specific aspects of the job. To be a Field Service Coordinator typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
Field Service Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Field Service Coordinator to join our team.
- Interact and communicate critical order information to Field Service Coordinators or Field Service Supervisors;
- Manage job costs: Assures selling price and costs are in line to maintain acceptable margins;
- Assist Field Service team to meet published baseline measurements and KPI’s;
- ACT claims system: Close remedial actions and track warranty costs and update actions as needed in accordance with the global claims rules;
- Acts as backup for other FS Service Coordinators as needed, and backup Order Coordinators only when directed by the FS Admin Manager;
- Perform other duties as directed by Management;
- Review field service quotes versus final scope of work completed to finalize the billing package to hand over to the Order Coordinator;
- Schedule preventative maintenance, installations, and emergency calls while prioritizing the work as appropriate in any given day;
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of all processes within their job duties;
- Perform standard workflow activities including database entry, audits, and data export preparations;
- Ensure store equipment is operational prior to opening by communicating with the stores via email and/or telephone;
- Adhere to compliance requirements at all times;
- Other related duties as required by Management;
- Backup other coordinator responsibilities as needed regarding tech refresh and break fix maintenance;
- Assist with scheduling meetings and documenting meeting minutes.
- 1-3 years of project management or related field experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Courses or experience in construction management and/or business are ideal, although not required;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Confident personality to properly negotiate with outside organization contacts, such as installers and general contractors.