Growth Product Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Growth Product Manager to join our team.
- Plan, execute and technically optimize a variety of contact channels such as mobile push notifications, rich push notifications and in-app messages;
- Partner with product designers to create high-fidelity visuals, prototypes, and specifications that are actionable for developers;
- Drive improvement in activation, retention, conversion, and re-engagement through targeted CRM campaigns throughout the user lifecycle;
- Build an experimentation program and run A/B tests that iteratively improve our e-commerce and subscription conversion funnels;
- Define, analyze, and report on the metrics that determine the success of CRM campaigns or experiments;
- Collaborate with your scrum master and technical leads to develop high-level feature requirements into user stories and sprint schedules.
- Demonstrable understanding of modern web (UI) development processes, tools, and practices;
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, but open to guidance;
- Demonstrated leadership ability in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Most importantly, a track record of success defining, building, and managing a CRM system;
- 5 years of experience as a senior developer or product manager in an open-source company with a freemium (not just services) revenue model;
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing, functional specification, and other product management tools and methodologies;
- Deep understanding of developer personalities;
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Braze, Leanplum, CleverTap, Salesforce, Urban Airship, etc;
- Ability to break the long-term vision down into concrete, manageable, shippable deliverables that deliver user value as quickly as possible;
- 3+ years in a product management or CRM marketing role is preferred, particularly for a consumer-facing mobile application;
- Empathy for and understanding of the various user personas that we serve;
- Can thrive within a fast-moving environment; you prefer to adapt quickly as new information arises rather than follow an out-of-date plan;
- Alignment with Deque values;
- Bonus for experience with social, dating, video, or community products;
- Data-driven and analytical, alongside strong product instincts and a bias toward action.