Indirect Procurement Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Indirect Procurement Manager to join our team.
- Negotiate long term and blanket contracts;
- Research vendors to determine best options and make recommendations by evaluating total cost and quality of indirect materials and services;
- Source suppliers, develop suppliers, and build mutual beneficial relationships with suppliers;
- Develop strategic sourcing / purchasing plans that support the future profitability of the business;
- Analyze current spend and find areas to improve service, reduce costs, and streamline purchasing procedures;
- Work closely with operations and finance to develop and implement MRO inventory management system;
- Find creative cost-outs in purchasing policies and with vendor processes;
- Highly involved with sourcing and procuring capital equipment; integral of capital investment team;
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies for highest spend, greatest complexity, and most critical/strategic categories;
- Ensure tactical execution of purchasing activities to meet routine business needs;
- Provide direction and support to teams for initiatives critical to the business;
- Identify and leverage company-wide spend opportunities;
- Develop implementation strategy, responsibility assignments, communication plans, and timelines;
- Conduct thorough spend analysis, develop methodology and metrics tools to track progress;
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to gather category requirements and specifications from departments and category subject matter experts.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Manufacturing experience.