Insurance underwriters decide whether to insure a person or company, and set out the details of insurance policies.
Insurance Underwriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Insurance Underwriter to join our team.
- Follow up with risks submitted to the various markets, and keep the agents informed of the status of their submissions;
- Develop good relationships with all market representatives;
- Whenever possible, respond to all agent requests the same day that the request was made;
- Upon receiving binder requests, follow all our clients procedures necessary to produce policies in a timely manner;
- Request of the agents any information required prior to issuing a proper quote;
- Visit all assigned agents at least once a year, documenting the visits in OMNI;
- Work as a good team member with all company employees;
- Document all transactions and correspondence in accordance with our clients procedures;
- Remain up-to-date on all guidelines and forms of our client markets;
- Provide leadership for any Underwriter Trainee assigned to you;
- As much as is possible, protect our client and its markets from adverse risks and questionable underwriting information provided by agents;
- Issue quotes to the agents in a timely and professional manner.
- Ease with numbers, negotiation of premiums, details;
- Excellent knowledge of rating, coverages, and underwriting guidelines for our clients specific insurance markets;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Excellent computer, typing, word processing and speaking skills;
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a P&C Underwriter at an MGA or insurance company;
- Proficiency in the use of ImageRight and OMNI Plus.