Insurance Verification Rep Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Insurance Verification Rep to join our team.
- Identifies trends in denials and reports to supervisor of Clinic Business Services;
- Recognizes and communicates issues regarding demographics and insurance coverage setup to identify educational opportunities;
- Updates documentation of 3rd party payer requirements for proper collection and clean claim filing;
- Coordinates with clinics to help update patient records to avoid a claim from being denied due to information needed from patient;
- Advises the clinics on what type of collection needs to be done at check in of patient. (i.e. deductibles, co-insurance and/or co-payments).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal effectively with diverse range of professional and nonprofessional people;
- One to two years related experience in a health care setting preferred;
- Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS-P) credentials by the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) preferred;
- Working knowledge of medical terminology highly desirable.