Investment analysts help stock market traders, stockbrokers and fund managers make decisions about investments.
Investment Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Investment Analyst to join our team.
- Sourcingu200a-u200aproactively identifying new investment opportunities and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs;
- Help develop and prepare manager recommendation memos for the internal investment team;
- Ability to trouble shoot exceptions/issues quickly to avoid market exposure;
- Think critically and anticipate issues, and comfortable in quickly changing environments;
- Prepare and review client investment recommendations, investment performance reports and presentations (slide-decks and electronic media);
- Aggregate, organize, and bind presentation books for prospect, monthly, or quarterly review meetings;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing business and technology needs;
- Ability to use creative thinking to identify solutions for complex processes and/or issues;
- Financial, accounting, or investment industry is desired;
- Able to provide regular updates on projects and metrics to Senior Management;
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent knowledge preferred;
- Provide accurate and timely investment performance reporting; communicating with custodian banks and/or investment managers;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent work experience;
- Assist in investment research projects and implementation of investment solutions.
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting;
- Passion for blockchain/cryptocurrencies and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to change the world;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Our analysts are meeting with entrepreneurs and other members of the startup community on a regular basis;
- An ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis;
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize will be frequently tested;
- Individuals must be able to work cooperatively and effectively as a member of a team;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting fundamentals is essential;
- Excellent problem solving, computer programming and modeling (in both Excel and Argus) and general quantitative skills are a must;
- BA/BS in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or other similar quantitative focus required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills are also required.