IT Product Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Product Manager to join our team.
- Represent the voice of the customer; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits;
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team;
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy;
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction;
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition;
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio;
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals;
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities;
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience in creating software products;
- Experience with change management process;
- Some product management or similar experience;
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners;
- Maintain effective relationships with business stakeholders and team members;
- Desire to learn new technologies and enhance existing ones;
- Experience or knowledge of with Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies;
- Have ability to travel on occasion based on business needs;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in both techincal and non-technical settings);
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making;
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others;
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience required;
- Execute assigned projects within established deadlines.