IT project managers oversee the development and installation of computer hardware and software systems.
IT Project Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Project Manager to join our team.
- Coordinating and monitoring activities of all parties involved in the project to ensure the system is completed on time and within budget;
- Incorporate industry best practices, conduct internal and external benchmarking, and establish standards, key measures, and metrics;
- Manage and assist in projects involving various areas of Information Technology;
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources, acts as escalation point for issues and expected to create and execute remediation strategies;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Creates and maintains project documentation;
- Understands client business needs, data management, and requirements. Resolves issues in a thorough and timely manner;
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors;
- Uses appropriate methodologies (such as risk mitigation/management, change/control management and contract management) to manage projects;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team;
- Follows software development lifecycle (SDLC) best practices;
- Prepares project status reports for OWCP management;
- Is highly organized, meets project deadlines and proactively delivers on business objectives;
- Establishes deadlines for assigned projects, sets tasks, and monitors and summarizes progress;
- Coordinate between the business and technical teams to act as a liaison and translator for both parties.
- Proven working experience in project management;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline required. Current PMP certification required;
- Proficiency in project management and tools (i.e. Microsoft Project) a MUST;
- Be able to coordinate multiple projects;
- Demonstrate leadership through influence not authority;
- Ability to pass a government security clearance process is required, for which you must be a US citizen;
- Strong administrative and communication skills;
- 5+ years of direct technology related Project Management experience;
- Data Center build experience;
- EPA Public Trust & Experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- PMP certification is highly desirable;
- PMP Certification strongly desired;
- Proven ability to use MS Project to manage projects;
- Experience in BioPharm Manufacturing environment and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).