Liability Claims Adjuster Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Liability Claims Adjuster to join our team.
- Provides input for continuous development of claims guidelines and best practices;
- Confirms coverage and determines liability for a wide range of accident scenarios;
- Maintains and updates a diary/schedule for each claim in the adjuster’s pending;
- Delivers an industry-leading claim experience for all policyholders and claimants;
- Coordinates the repair of damaged vehicles, and assists with rental reimbursement;
- Obtains detailed accident descriptions from drivers, passengers and witnesses;
- Consistently makes prompt and courteous contact with every party involved in a claim;
- Responds to claim correspondence in a timely fashion with very high quality;
- Sets and maintains a loss reserve for every claim in the adjuster’s pending;
- Interacts and communicates effectively with customers, peers, vendors and managers;
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements.
- Familiarity with claims best practices required;
- Great attention to detail;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic;
- Ability to obtain additional insurance licenses, including Texas, within three months;
- Curious in nature;
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind;
- Strong technical understanding of liability and casualty principles;
- Experience managing complex Personal Auto claims through closure, including claims that involved arbitration.