Loan Officers Loan officers evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of loan applications for people and businesses.
Loan Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Loan Officer to join our team.
- Chat with realtors and clients interested in mortgage;
- Navigate our in-house CRM system and provide detailed notes on all client interactions;
- Completes the loan application and gathering of necessary paperwork, including pay stubs, tax returns, and bank statements;
- Developing new business and prospecting new customers while maintaining a loan pipeline;
- Review developing laws and regulations as they apply to loan security agreements;
- Train new loan officers. Provide assistance or guidance to other loan officers;
- Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information within all loan platforms and formats;
- Handle the loans of highest complexity, value or risk;
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction;
- Cross-sell lending and other credit union products;
- Licensed Lending Officers receive approximately 10-15+ warm transfers from our contact center;
- Participating in the closing of all approved loans;
- Preparing financial projections and underwriting memoranda for credit approval;
- Performing annual credit review and monitoring loans for problems, and recommend workout and recovery solutions for non-performing or defaulted loans;
- Performing credit and risk assessment of borrowers’ financial and business background.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized;
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills helpful;
- Great verbal communication skills with strong follow up discipline;
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting;
- At least two years of experience in Mortgage lending or related field;
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service;
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness;
- Must pass a background check against fraud;
- Active NMLS License;
- Typing and clerical skills needed;
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse;
- Minimum 1 years of experience as a Mortgage Loan Originator;
- Must have an active NMLS and DRE License;
- Experienced in a Point system.