The Logistics Operations Manager creates procedures for logistics management to optimize product workflow and minimize cost. Manages and plans for logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Logistics Operations Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Has responsibilities for vendor selection and negotiation, distribution, transportation, and inventory control. In addition, Logistics Operations Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Logistics Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Logistics Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Logistics Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Operations Manager to join our team.
- Responsible to ensure on time and accurate delivery of all domestic shipments;
- Create and manage Key Visual tools and tracking processes;
- Maintain monthly reporting dashboards to track operations KPI’s and provide updates for Sakara’s leadership team;
- Ensure inbound shipment deadlines are met, chasing delivery timelines, receipting, and providing assistance to vendors and 3PL as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize many tasks;
- Ability to perform the duties of dispatcher;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well with people and understand the needs of employees;
- Ability to operate all equipment and lifts;
- Customer service and sales skills;
- Knowledge of all Allied products;
- Knowledge of logistics and distribution.