Market research data analysts study statistics and information collected through surveys.
Market Intelligence Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Market Intelligence Analyst to join our team.
- Manage, analyze and report on foodservice activity, menu trends and other data;
- Manage contracts with data vendors; assure work adheres to contracts, budget is properly managed, and plans are completed as scheduled;
- Collaborate with NCBA staff to leverage insights that highlight beef’s value proposition across the beef supply chain;
- Conceptualize, prepare, edit, and complete custom ad-hoc reports;
- Mine available syndicated resources, news feeds and market research insights for added context to retail and foodservice data;
- Prepare, edit and complete weekly, monthly, and annual client reports;
- Manage, analyze and report on IRI retail sales, featuring and other data;
- Monitor current market conditions and economic factors impacting beef demand and the business climate for retail and foodservice operations;
- Manage and execute activities and budgets relating to specific Authorization Request tactics and performance measures assigned to this position;
- Participate at selected conventions, conferences and other meetings throughout the year presenting relevant channel intelligence insights.
- Overnight travel is required for this position;
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Economics or related field;
- 5-7 years related experience preferred;
- Experience in managing subcontractors and/or consultants;
- High level of professionalism, trustworthiness, dependability and motivation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- May require travel and/or work on weekends;
- Thorough understanding of economic and market factors affecting beef pricing, supply and demand;
- Travel will vary from 10% to 20%
- Strong ability to organize and lead productive meetings;
- Advanced computer proficiency including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.