Market Research Analysts Market research analysts study market conditions to examine potential sales of a product or service.
Market Research Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Market Research Analyst to join our team.
- Working with writers, researchers, and project managers to ensure that reports are accurate, thorough, and top-quality;
- Must have very strong writing and communication skills. Translating data into customer-ready language is vitally important;
- Responsibilities include analyzing data in MS Excel format and using that data to create charts and graphs in MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
- Assist in the presentation of findings to executive-level clients;
- Performing over-the-phone research with healthcare providers to understand healthcare information technology performance;
- Creating clear, consumable summaries and report outlines;
- Conducting aggregation and analysis of large amounts of data;
- Must have a detailed approach to data analysis and quality control. Data accuracy is non-negotiable;
- Creating engaging and “nerve-hitting” reports that differentiate technology products.
- Experience with market research and analysis tools (e.g., Deltek GovWin, Bloomberg, Gartner, Forrester, etc.) highly desired;
- Ability to interact with primary and secondary data sources;
- Academic and/ or practical experience in business, marketing, psychology, research methodologies;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Familiarity in forecasting and market analysis;
- Ability to read and assimilate data and produce summary reports with graphs and charts for executives and the field;
- Advanced-level skills in Excel is a must; proficiency in PowerPoint highly desired;
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities. ISR conducts timed writing exercises as part of the interview process;
- Familiar with SQL, R, and/or data visualization tools like Qlikview/Qliksense;
- Authorized to work in the U.S;
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active attitude;
- Demonstrated successful market research and pipeline management experience;
- Displays strong analytical skills and possesses the ability to translate data into business strategies that deliver measurable results;
- B.A. and/or M.A. in a field with a strong research or business emphasis;
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects at once.